Bilingual & ESL Education
The Del Valle Independent School District implements a Bilingual Education Program in all nine elementary schools for students in grades PK-5 and English as a Second Language Program for students in grades PK-12.
Del Valle Independent School District has two Newcomer Academies for recent immigrants in grades 7-12. One is located at Del Valle Middle School and the other is at Del Valle High School.
Review Journals & DVISD Handbook
- The ALAN Review – www.alan-ya.org
- American Libraries – http://www.ala.org/
- Booklist – www.ala.org/booklinks/
- Horn Book Guide to Children’s and Young Adults’ Books – www.hornbookguide.com
- Horn Book Magazine – www.hbook.com
- Kirkus Review – www.kirkusreviews.com
- Multicultural Review – www.mcreview.com
- School Library Journal – www.slj.com
- DVISD ELL Handbook – Coming Soon